Is it a poem ?

Today,
A friend asked me, "Would you write a poem on me?"
And I wondered what it feels
To be written as a poem.
I wondered, what it feels
To no longer be a mortal
To know you'll live forever
In words of a poet who once,
Or forever, cared for you.
I wondered if I was written a poem
For me, about me,
Would they write about how
I liked my presentation in a shade of blue
Or about how I write my notes
With an ink that matched my chocolate wrapper.
Would they write about how
I broke my resolution within a day
And made resolutions about keeping resolutions
Or about how I never broke my promises
Or about how I broke down after realising
That a relationship I admired was
Only painted in pinks and yellows
But was just another form of abuse.
Would they write about how
Sometimes I rant about you,
Sometimes I rant about society
Or sometimes just stay so silent
That they wonder if I lost my voice.
Would they write about the poems I wrote
Or the stories I shared,
Would they write about
The kisses I counted,
Or the number of crushes I had.
Would they write about
My favorite colors, books and movies
Or would they just write a cheesy poem
Similar to the ones I saved,
Right here in my heart
Or would they just write my name
And call it a poem.

Popular posts from this blog

I want to love fire

How do you do it ?